Thursday, July 1, 2010

This page intentionally blank

Conformity.

It's a term that defines terms which we usually are prescribed to.

But why?

I'm all for cooperation, good will and for teamwork, but realistically, I can only go so far. Today I would have conformed to standards that were far below my expectations. My wife said that I burned a bridge, but in reality what I did was expose what on the outside looks innovative, when in reality it is the same conforming construct.

I refuse to be placed entirely in line, in a box or other situation. Many farmers work too hard and receive very little. I believe that with education, transparency and passion, farmers can once again be in control of their situation. The page then, the story of thousands of men and women who raise animals or crops need not be relegated to a number, but instead, a story.

I plan not to leave my page intentionally blank. What's your story.

No comments:

Post a Comment