Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Its all about the network

I'm very fortunate to be amidst people who are as passionate and in many cases more so about local food.

Take for example Rich. Rich is a life-long farmer who I have had the fortune of working for and with in the new Wisconsin Grass-Fed Beef Cooperative. Rich has been gracious enough to offer some timely advice to me. He's never asked for anything in return, just good cattle when he calls.

I was fortunate to have visited with Rich on Sunday because he calls me yesterday and within four hours needed cattle. Had we not had our conversation on Sunday, the coop, Rich and I would have lost out on a golden opportunity.

I'm coming to learn each day that when you surround yourself with good people, good things are bound to happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment