Friday, December 2, 2011

Wisconsin Rural Summit

Made the little drive up to Wausau this morning to learn more about Strategic Doing at the Wisconsin Rural Summit. Strategic Doing is a cousin to Appreciative Inquiry and takes conversations to determine what people are doing and how we can work together for real change. Anything that eliminates the lizard brain is well worth the day of attendance. There was a workbook that we completed on the priorities, partnerships and opportunities we saw coming here today to grow Rural Wisconsin. I really envision a fast day with some fruitful conversations in which to establish new partnerships and ideas to be of better service to CESA #3's schools.

While I wear my hat of CESA #3, I am fully invested in just how we use fewer resources, people and time to make real change take place. Its not a shock that there are fewer people in rural Wisconsin. The challenge is not to build up roadblocks but calculate ways to maximize what we have in order that we maintain and potentially grow our areas by maintaining quality of life while still providing big city amenities.

Its days like this when I do not have some expectations that are some of the best professional development for me. I will try to recap the day later on...

No comments:

Post a Comment